Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pocket Memory attempt - Take 1


(Aaron and I at Cloud 9 last night)

My mentor Andrew Devigal (now the New York Times Multimedia Editor) does a really sweet series on his Flickr account called "Pocket Memories." They're short 90 second clips of his adventures around the country, shot with his point and shoot camera and edited in Final Cut Pro. It's very grassroots and personal feeling, like you're watching a really nicely done home movie with a kickass soundtrack. Here's a recent example:



I tried to do a similar idea with this Cloud 9 video, but:

A) There is no functioning light source in our karaoke bar.
B) I only have iMovie on my Mac, although I'm also trained in FCP.
C) I didn't use pretty music as the background soundtrack. I used us singing :)



So I hope you like my Flo attempt at Pocket Memories. I promise to upload better quality, better edited videos in the future. :) Also, I highly suggest checking out one or two of Andrew's videos, they're like watching a Mac commercial. It definitely helps that he's dating a gorgeous and animated Italian woman haha I love Laura!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I want to be Flo when I grow up.

Anonymous said...

If I ever come (back) to California, we're going out on the town. No ifs ands or buts. People will think we're twins - except apparently I stole all of the egg yolk, because you're tall and thin and I'm short and stout.

Flo said...

@ Amber: I say the same thing about you all the time time ;)

@ Corinne: SERIOUSLY. Find an excuse to come out here, otherwise we'll have to fit in a night of clubbin' when I visit Brian's family next. Maybe he'll just drop me off with you since he doesn't dance haha!