Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wedding colors: Jewel tone palette



The Dessy Group is hosting a color palette contest for a $500 prize. While I am not interested in entering, I did have fun playing with the Pantone colors to create a starter palette for our wedding. I am tentatively planning on using "Jewel Tones" as the color theme for our wedding:

1. Sapphire
2. Emerald
3. Venetian Gold
4. Ruby
5. Amethyst

I think that this is an appropriate palette because my birthstone is diamond, which is the whitest and brightest of gemstones. It's also very bridal :)



Photo credits:
Bridesmaid Dresses: Dessy Group styles 2755 and 2733, colors listed above
Shoes: Christian Louboutin Glitter Pump
Bridal Dress: Vonda by Maggie Sottero
All other photos: Taken or designed by me :)

I decided to include a photo of our venue and a photo of Brian's uniform because I hoped to convey the interesting contrast between the laid back style of Napa and the more formal feel of a military wedding. I can't wait to plan how those two elements come together, and I think that jewel tone colors will offset the fall weather quite nicely. What do you think?

4 comments:

Regina Marie said...

Just beautiful Flo

Anonymous said...

i second regina. you have an artist's eye. whatever color palette you choose will be beautiful and, more importantly, uniquely you :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! Jewel tones are so beautiful and rich, and the colors will look fabulous at the venue.

amanda said...

Beautiful Flo!!! And I LOVE those shoes!