Long before I settled into a quiet life in the suburbs, I had grander aspirations/delusions of grander. :P I studied Arabic, Islamic philosophy and international relations in an effort to become an embedded reporter. During this stage of my life, I considered joining the military. When the opportunity to take part in the recruitment process arose, I jumped at the oppoortunity.
Above is an audio clip of me describing myself as a journalism student going through a military recruitment process for a story. I ended up following through with the Marine Corps OCS program for a few months, and I likely would have commissioned had I not decided to take a job with the San Jose Mercury News. I gained an amazing friend and contact through the recruiter, who I am happy to say is now a military defense lawyer. Below is the multimedia story I produced as a result of my experience with the USMC program at SFSU.
No comments:
Post a Comment