
I woke up this morning around 7 a.m. with a soaking wet pillow. I was exhausted, and realized I'd been bawling my eyes out last night. I couldn't recall having a dream, but assumed it was some sort of nightmare because I don't usually cry during dreams.
At 9 a.m. my phone rang and it was Cottage Kennel in Concord, where I'd boarded my pets while I was here in San Diego. The owner carefully assured me that the dogs were okay, but suddenly her voice quieted.
"I'm not sure what happened, but sometime last night it got too hot in the chinchilla's room and...they're both dead."
I stopped breathing. I told her I needed to get off the phone, and I curled into the fetal position on my hotel room chair. My sister jumped out of bed and ran to me, as I bawled incoherently, shaking and hiccuping and not breathing. I tried calling Brian 20 times but he was tied up in ship business until I finally got to talk to him.
I can't begin to put into words how hurt I am for them. Overheating in chinchillas is a slow process, they essentially suffocate slowly in their own body heat, and could have laid there for hours dying. The thought of them in pain literally made me throw up earlier, partially from crying so hard. Thor was my little girl, my first pet with Brian and my only companion until we adopted the dogs.
Brian has just assigned his Power of Attorney to me to use for military legal counsel. We are taking the kennel to small claims court, not for any monetary or replacement purposes but to ensure that they lose their small animals license. We don't want another owner to have to go through the grief and heartbreak we've just endured.
Please, please pray that my babies are in a better place and that they didn't suffer much. I have to pick the dogs up tomorrow morning and I have no idea how I'll deal with seeing the people who let my chinchillas die.
18 comments:
Oh Flo, I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you and your little chinchillas. Good for you for standing up for their possible future clients and their pets.
Flo, I am very sorry. I admire you for standing up to the kennel company.
i am crying with you sweetie.
hang in there...
I'm so sorry, Flo! I can't even imagine..
Flo, I'm so sorry to hear this. What an awful thing to happen. I think you are doing the right thing by seeking legal action. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Molly
I'm so sorry. :(
Oh Flo, I'm sorry! I know how your heart just breaks - even if they had died of old age it would hurt, but to know someone was neglectful just makes you sick to your stomach. :( I'm glad you've got legal counsel you can go to right now, you're definitely doing the right thing.
I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences are with you and your family. =(
i left a comment after we talked ... dunno where it went :(
but anyway, i'm sorry and i love you. and your little chinchillas are ok now <3
i'm so angry for you, and so glad you're taking action. and remember, do not pay those people.
Words can't express my sympathy. =(
oh flo, im so so sorry. prayers going up. glad to hear you're taking the necessary action against them though. big hugs sweetie.
i'm so sorry, flo. :(
i'm so, so sorry. *hugs* losing a pet is horrible, even more so when it's in a careless situation like this.
i think you're doing the right thing, without a doubt.
That's the worst thing I've ever heard. :( But Flo, like normal, you not only mourn, but are active in ensuring that others don't go through the personal torment that you do...and that makes you an amazing person. I'm praying for you and your babies.
Flo, I'm so sorry. I hope they end up losing their license.
Oh, Flo, I'm so sorry! My heart is breaking... And I'm so mad for you!
I hope that "kennel" never gets the opportunity to do this to someone else. How irresponsible!
I'm so sorry!!!!
I am so sorry for your loss.
These replica louis vuitton handbags
are continued abiding. You will accept to absorb your money already for purchasing these louis vuitton handbags
. You can accumulate on abacus added lv
, accouterment you added appearance and fashionably advised louis vuitton
. You would become acclaimed in your acquisition just because of accustomed the best superior lv handbag
with you; these louis vuitton bags
Post a Comment