Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Faith and desire and the swing of your hips.

Two music videos worth watching today, one old and one new.

"Come on Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson (2007) - I was cleaning out my external hard drive this morning when I found this song among a block of iTunes "freebies" of new recommended songs last year. It turned out to do pretty well on the radio, so I'm glad I have a copy of it to put on my "Cruise Playlist" this week. The beginning sounds just like "Crash" by Dave Matthews Band, no?


"Leavin" by Jesse McCartney (2008) - Brian heard this song on Sirius radio yesterday and asked me to download it for him, which is cute since he normally only listens to country. "Naughty" is probably the best word to describe the video, although the song itself is just a classic "You should leave your man for me" tune. I have to admit it does seem a bit odd to listen to the once uber-young Jesse McCartney singing "I'll have you singing all night," but hey, everyone grows up and becomes a sex symbol eventually right? This is another song I'll probably listen to quite a few times next week while sunbathing on the cruise ship.

3 comments:

bryn said...

i've been a fan of matt nathanson since i saw him open for dar williams at the great american music hall back in '98 :) his albums are great, but he's even better live! i remember he did this GREAT rendition of bon jovi's "living on a prayer" and got the entire audience to sing along. i fell in love with him at that moment.

i saw him again at slim's back in college, but i was pretty wasted (ha!) so i don't remember much.

"come on get higher" was actually discovered for me by ryan during one random commute when XM featured him one of their studio sessions. he downloaded it for me as soon as he got home, saying he knew it was a "bryn song" from the moment it came on.

i'm so happy you've discovered it, too :)

Flo said...

So sweet! It definitely is a Bryn song, and how fun is it that both our guys found songs for us on satellite radio? hehe I'm just now discovering Matt Nathanson so you'll have to recommend your favorites to me some time. I've been terrible about only downloading singles of songs I like, so it'll be refreshing to actually listen to albums too. :)

Anonymous said...

The classical lv handbag
Alma MM in Monogram Vernis leather is revamped with the Roses pattern of the artist. The replica louis vuitton handbags Alma MM Roses bag is discreetly embossed Monogram Vernis leather, textile lining, plain vernis leather trimmings. lv pieces and double brass pieces opening and padlock and removable key holder make the liquid-like appearance more elegant and delicate. The bag measures 15.1″ x 11.2″ x 7.3″ and the inner phone and patch pockets add its practicality. With discreet louis vuitton handbags signature and flashy colors, Rose Pop, Vert Tonic and Orange Sunset, the Louis Vuitton Alma MM Roses Bags gives us the grant fashion banquet in this spring/summer. We cannot deny that the essence of this louis vuitton bags is the rose motif. There is a story behind this rose design. In the mid-1970s, the designer got his hands on a state-of-the-art Xerox color copier, and started to enlarge images multiple times until they became distorted and abstract. And then the rose was used to mark his ‘thank you’ cards. In 2000, louis vuitton featured on ready-to-wear and now takes its place as a Stephen Sprouse icon on the Louis Vuitton Alma MM Roses Bags. Now this bag, as a full-blown rose, is blooming in the fashion stage.