
An Obama supporter waves from one of four populated overpasses above Highway 24, appealing to the wave of late morning commuter voters.

Super Tuesday was also Fat Tuesday for Mardi Gras. The newsroom celebrated with oversized cupcakes and later, sugar hangovers.

Jubilee watches CNN with me as California's precinct results roll in.
Super Tuesday was a long day which bled into a 4 a.m. shift this morning. The past week has been rough for me, as I deflected seemingly impossible amounts of trouble from all directions. Jubilee literally almost died over the weekend, I'm juggling probably more than I can handle at work, and Brian is coming home very soon - which is Operational Security speak for "close enough that I can't even elaborate." We're leaving for Virginia next week and I have an entire household of stuff to deal with in preparation for having his shipmates babysit our pets.
I guess I should stop and have an obligatory moment of reflection that I'm lucky to be working in the journalism industry during one of the most intense elections in the nation's history. The problem is, I don't actually feel that way. I spent my work day sitting and watching as my co-workers got to pound the pavement and report from the polling stations. I edited their interviews, marveled at their photos, and wondered why I don't have a job where I get to experience incredible things like that. Lesson learned: the next time I apply for a newspaper job, I need to go as a multimedia producer, not a web producer. This inanity is killing any sense of passion I had for the job.
4 comments:
Chin up, doll. All I did was play Politico Bingo and scream at Wolf Blitzer to say "Chelsea Clinton" so I could get bingo!
Still waiting for my inspiration to come. I head to the polls next Tuesday. Do you think I can special order some inspiration in a bottle and sprinkle it on as I head to the station?
What happened to Jubilee? :(
I hope Jubilee is okay! What happened?
Jubilee ate over 9 ounces of baker's chocolate. The lethal amount for a 20 pound dog is 2 ounces, and she only weighs 15 pounds.
She was rummaging around in my mom's garage while I was out for dinner, and when I came back she was throwing up every few minutes. I had to hold her through the night and fed her water the whole time. The vet was surprised she didn't die outright.
Anyway, she's back in good health and I'm really thankful she pulled through. Obviously, I don't plan to bring her to my mom's house again - it's too easy for her to find things lying around there. My house is fully dog proofed, so she'll be staying here while I'm in Virginia next week.
Post a Comment