Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Our first amazing engagement card

Today I checked the mail and immediately felt a little thrill when I saw the familiar handwriting of my friend Bryn. She has a distinct, cheerful print that I could recognize anywhere, and she always gives the best cards. From her wedding invitations and Christmas cards to the announcement of the arrival of her darling daughter Elinor Isabel, Bryn always manages to convey style.



When I opened the card I literally gasped. It was like someone had drawn the way Brian and I would look in a dream. The groom is tall and dark haired, while the bride has my signature long hair. And that dress, oh my lord that dress:



More than anything, the card evokes the tone and feeling I hope my wedding will have. It is romantic and whimsical, earthy and glamorous at the same time. The flowers on the train of the dress are perfect for a couple like Brian and I, who love nature and the outdoors. The card also has a kind of Hawaiian feel, which is perfectly fitting since we have so many family ties to Hawai'i. Oh, and did I mention the sweet, sentimental message inside? This girl needs to stop making me cry. It's getting embarrassing ;)



Thank you again Bryn, Ryan and Ellie! To see more cards from this artist, click here.

1 comment:

bryn said...

pretty cards for pretty couples :*