
Brian worked for 24 hours straight today and yesterday, after having already been on a rigorous work schedule. He is working on his qualification as a LEDO (law enforcement duty officer) which means that he has been working 6 PM - 6 AM every day. After he passes his board and joins the duty schedule, he will have to stand watch a few times a month. It's nothing compared to him leaving me for 3-6 months at a time, but it's certainly a challenge to tiptoe around his sleep schedule.
He finally fell into bed around 7 PM, and I ushered our excited little dogs out of the room so he could rest. Bruno sat whimpering at the bedroom door, clearly upset that his "dad" had just gotten home and he couldn't play with him. I went about my evening doing homework, then climbed into bed with him sometime after midnight. The dogs padded quietly into the room and waited until I picked them each up to get into bed. The following conversation ensued as I snuggled up to him:
"Honey, remind me again what your schedule is for these next couple days?" I asked.
"...Wenshday?" he replied, obviously not awake. I laughed.
"Yes, that's today," I reminded him. There was silence, and then his somnambulate hold around my shoulders tightened.
"I'm laying on the dogs," he said without the slightest trace of concern. I cocked my head and double checked that both dogs were indeed sleeping on my side of the bed and not beneath his body. I laughed again, silently shaking as I covered my mouth with my free hand.
"Oh honey, you're not laying on the dogs," I reassured him.

I attempted my original question once more, but he was already snoring happily into my ear.
3 comments:
I really like how you shopped that first pic!
Flo this is hilarious!!!! How did you shop that first pictures is amazing!! It looks straight out of a magazine!!!
You are good girl!
hahaha, brian.
i love the things we say when we don't know what we are saying <3
Post a Comment