Thursday, April 16, 2009

Personality tests galore

One fun facet of my philosophy class last quarter was the use of personality tests. These tests can be important for conflict resolution in working environments where different fundamental personality types often clash. Here are a few fun ones I've done recently:

My Personality
[Take this personality test]


Neuroticism
54
Extraversion
97
Openness to Experience
77
Agreeableness
50
Conscientiousness
51

You do not feel nervous in social situations, and have a good impression of what others think of you, however you feel strong cravings and urges that you have difficulty resisting. You tend to prefer short-term pleasures and rewards over long-term consequences. You like to speak out, take charge, and direct the activities of others. You are usually the leader in group activites. Familiar routines are good, but sometimes you like to spice up your life with a bit of adventure or activity. You are tenderhearted and compassionate, feeling the pain of others vicariously and are easily moved to pity, however you are not adverse to confrontation and will sometimes even intimidate others to get your own way. You have strong will-power and are able to overcome your reluctance to begin tasks. You are able to stay on track despite distractions.



[Take the MBTI test]

For those of you interested in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I am an ENFJ. Other famous ENFJ's include Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama, which I think is a pretty cool representation of the diversity within the personality type. I have tested as an ENTJ several times as well, but I think that my education has softened me up a little ;) ENFJ stands for "Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging," which is where the emphasis is placed in my behavior and thought/decision processes. I am empathetic, emotional, passionate, creative and hard-working, which apparently suits me ideally for a job as a teacher.

The Political Compass Test
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33




The political compass above is a little more complex than the first two tests. It involves questions about economics, art, social responsibility and science. I skewed left of center (which is normal, since I'm a Dem) and a little to the libertarian side, which is cool since I do identify with some values from libertarian philosophy. I used to rate more on the authoritarian quadrant, so it's interesting to see the shift.

Feel free to take these tests and let me know how your results turn out :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well, on the Myers-Briggs test, my results are ESFJ, which are along the lines of Bill Clinton, Martha Stewart, and Rabbit, from Winnie the Pooh.

;)

I find these kinds of analysis very interesting. Thanks for sharing, Flo!

Mika said...

My dot on the Political Compass is in nearly the same spot as yours! Who knew? (Don't tell my in-laws. They think it's Republican or die.)