
My coworkers are incredible people, and the isolation of telecommuting these past few months caused me to forget just how much I enjoy their company. The party was formally hosted by Bay Area News Group - East Bay Features Editor Lisa Wrenn, but the attendees came from metro, online and even the sports department :) Here's Times Book Club diva Lynn Carey with sports columnist Gary Peterson:

Features writer extraordinaire Anne chatting with TV columnist Chuck:

Hostess Lisa, her daughter (also a journalist!) Steph, myself and Lynn:

Fellow Web Producer Randy Myers, you may remember his wedding :)

A fascinating part of the evening was when Brian asked Lisa if he could pull down her copy of the book Roots by Alex Haley. I had no idea why he was interested until he mentioned that Alex Haley retired from the Coast Guard. Brian opened the book, and in the cover was a personal message written by Alex Haley to Lisa's husband Peter, who once interviewed Mr. Haley as a journalist. I thought it was absolutely INCREDIBLE that such an amazing man could bring together such different worlds, journalism and the Coast Guard. Lisa's living room is lined with a bookshelf full of fascinating books, and Brian has always said he'd love to have a room like that in his home too.

We left that evening still feeling the glow that comes from good food, good wine and good people. If ever I needed a reminder that the holidays are a time for gratitude, it was then - and I found that reminder in the people I have the privilege to work with.
Next blog entry on its way: Regina's graduation party at Cloud 9 :)
3 comments:
You're so pretty :* I'm glad the holiday spirit is finally embracing you!
in two years? he just missed last year's christmas i thought.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment