Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A small, but significant milestone

The only couch I've ever owned was an Ikea throwback from the early 2000's, courtesy of my mom. We bought the standard prototype with 30 different cover color choices, and I selected black. Since my roommates in college already had really nice couches, my little Ikea friend languished in the confines of my stepdad's master bedroom, subject to the occasional crayon mark or juice stain from my niece :) When Brian and I re-inherited the couch, we smiled at how "college" it truly looked and immediately started couch hunting.

Today, we finally received our real life "grown-up" couches.



We actually bought the couches, paid in full with cash, over one month ago. Ashley Furniture has had issues with its warehouse delivery program, so they were gracious enough to refund us the cost of shipping delivery, insurance and an extra $100 gift card. We received the furniture this afternoon while we played Mario Kart Wii :)



The set was actually 3 parts, but since we live in a tiny house there wasn't room for the extra dual recliner couch. The material is a stain resistant micro fiber, and we purposely selected the chaise lounge because it was THE most amazing part of the entire living room set. It measures at (almost) six feet long and four feet wide, more than big enough for two grown adults (us) to sit comfortably.



The receiving of these couches is a big deal for us because it finally marks the completion of our house. Every room is now filled with the proper furniture necessary, and it took three years for us to save up to this point. I'm so thankful and happy to have a complete home now!

6 comments:

nicole said...

Congrats! Sadly I have gone through three couches since college...my original college couch was sold with my condo. The couch I had right out of college was just plain 'old ugly and the leather couch I have now I only have paid $50 but hey it's puppy proof until the puppy grows up some more. :)

Amber said...

Congratulations, Flo!

Anonymous said...

The chaise lounge looks AMAZING! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ashley Furniture is a pain in the ass to work with lol

Who I Am said...

I want that chaise. It looks very cozy.

jessicaap1108 said...

Those are so nice- they look very comfy. Congrats! :)