
On the other hand, I had the most fun I've had in what seems like AGES thanks to some lovely people in my life and endless amounts of rum. Colin and Audra, thank you for a hilarious evening! We spent the majority of the event meandering around the Suisun Marina, wandering into people's houses (we knew them of course, but still) telling stories about our lives and pasts, and laughing at how UTTERLY pathetic it is that we don't get hit on any more. haha

In this plastic and family event-friendly bottle was Sailor Jerry's rum, a liquor recommended to Brian by my lovely friends Dannon (Dan and Shannon, get it?) I was mistakenly walking around telling everyone it was a $60 rum, but when I looked it up this morning I realized it's a simple $20 rum. Ah well, it still tasted deliciously of vanilla and cane sugar.

After a lunch date in Fairfield with my best friend Jessica, we proceeded to the Marina to try and secure a spot on the grass. What ensued from the moment we laid our blanket down is something I wanted to avoid writing about, but it pissed me off enough that I have to say something.

I was sitting on my beloved blanket left to me by Brian, when I noticed that the crowd of people in front of us was multiplying by the second. It began with only a handful of middle-aged women eating hot dogs, but by the 30 minute mark there were over 20 children and teenagers milling around. I hesitate to use the word "ghetto" because I know how implicitly loaded the word is, but that is truly the only way I can describe what happened next.
Two humongous, overweight female teenagers intentionally picked up my belongings and moved them aside so they could take the spaces I'd reserved. I didn't say a word because the group was already so big and loud that I didn't want to start a scene. But it began to landslide.
Soon, they began shifting their chairs to expand space. One of the matriarchs of the group, a skinny mid-40's woman, picked up a lawn chair and walked her MUDDY SANDALS all over Brian's blanket. She didn't stop once to ask if it was okay for her to step on my blanket, nor did she apologize. My jaw dropped open and I was too upset to speak...until she did the EXACT SAME THING again, tracking more mud on the blanket.
"Are you serious?" I asked, posing the question more to myself as I tried to figure out what to do. She snapped around and said something about me being in HER way and then began her tirade.
"Oh I'm sorry honey, but you didn't even try to move your blanket for me to get through." I didn't respond, and instead silently began packing all my belongings to move. This seemed to antagonize her more (which was obviously not my intent) and she lost her damn mind.
"BITCH, I SAID I'M SORRY!! Why you gotta cause a scene, you stupid bitch? Naw she gotta be f*ckin bitchy when I already f*ckin tried to apologize to her ass. You GO AHEAD and leave, bitch," she screamed.
The family seated next to us had small children, and both parents loudly protested when she began cursing. She didn't care, because she was a classless waste of life. I won't hesitate to say that. There are some people on this earth who simply do not deserve to live, and she is one of them. I never spoke a SINGLE word to her through the entire confrontation, because if I had I knew it would have ended in a physical altercation. I can't deny the raging Samoan temper within me any more than I can deny the fact that my father was an Olympic boxing coach. It's in my blood.
Phew. I feel a lot better after getting that out of my system. The odd thing is, despite that hostile confrontation, I ended up having a fabulous night thanks to all the great people I ran into and spent time with. My niece Genevieve showed up in time for the fireworks, and I luckily got to spend some time with her while she ooh'ed and ah'ed over the show. :)



Happy Fourth :)
4 comments:
Hahaha! Dan and I just laughed out loud picturing you and your sippy cup of the wonderful Sailor Jerry! He is especially thrilled that you're sharing the Sailor J love with the entire Suisun Marina. :P Way to go! <3
Snaps to you for not saying anything...I would have threatened to light a sparkler under her XXL ass and made my own fireworks. :)
People are stupid and have no respect any longer. It makes you wonder if suburbia is filled with barns...cause they act as though they were raised in such surroundings. Props for not going Jerry Springer on her. I woulda...next time, call Sirena and me. We could take 'em
Oh no she did'ant! *snap, snap, snap* ;-)
It bothers me that so many people are like this nowadays. They can talk big game when people are around but would they still if their mom was around? Glad the parents said something! I hate it when people do that around my kid. Grrrrr! Glad your evening got better!
Post a Comment