Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Emergency vet clinic report

$313, two new medications, an IV drip and one sleepless night later, Jubilee is still...sick. She has colitis, which is a combination of dehydration, diarrhea, blood in her stool, and loss of appetite. She's supposed to get better soon. I have a full work day ahead of me and am pretty much ready to fall asleep at my computer but...thank you to everyone who sent support and prayers last night. Your kick in the butt caused me to snap out of my self-pitying daze and drive her over, and I'm sure that if Jubilee could speak English, she'd say something eloquent and grateful.



I'm fascinated by the "if dogs could talk" concept because of a book I bought at the airport over the weekend, "Walking In Circles Before Lying Down." This book, plus Bruno's comforting warmth in my lap, kept me from crying in the waiting room at 1 in the morning last night. It's kind of a hybrid memoir/fiction piece, looking at the life of a character after she has a semi-meltdown and realizes she can hear dogs talk. The book is hilarious, snarky and truly imaginitive, which is a refreshing change from the 3 stands full of chick lit I had stare at in the airport :P

2 comments:

Amber said...

Poor girl! I'm glad she was diagnosed, and I hope she's on the mend really soon!

The book looks like an interesting read. I often wish my Dutch could talk, and tell me about her life before we adopted her. I can tell from different mannerisms and tendencies that things weren't very good for her.

You're in my prayers, Flo. Big, big hugs. (((hugs))) I hope things calm down for you really soon.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope she feels better soon, and that you can get some sleep tonight. Hugs love!