
The past week has been a long one. I really want to kick Murphy's ass right now. For the first days of our transit, we had absolutely no ability to make our own water. That means no showers, no hand washing, no coffee, nothing that requires water.
When we arrived at our first port call feeling funky and greasy, I was excited to finally get a shower and go visit Flo for AJ's graduation dinner. I had a great time with her that day, doing everything from a 5 minute Target shopping spree to enjoying the best stuffed mushrooms ever with Flo's family at Buca di Beppo.

The night ended with my beautiful girlfriend dropping me off in a Mercedes at my ship in front of about 50 drunken sailors. I felt like such a celebrity.

The next morning I received a distress call from home about the unthinkable happening. Although I know it's something I need to write about, I just don't think I'm ready to do that yet. Let's just say, I'm working on the legal paperwork out here to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.
With everything going on, it is hard for me to be away from home. Again, Murphy in action. I feel like I've been away for months already. (I deleted like a whole paragraph here, because it was depressing to read).
I woke up this morning, and I had the urge to go to our favorite karaoke bar, Cloud 9. I think it might be because I went up to the bridge to find BM1 singing "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go." But who knows. Maybe it's just been so long, I'm going through karaoke withdrawals. I'll have to go do that with everyone as soon as I get home.

I'm expecting to hear the results of my promotion board by the end of next week. I'm getting anxious. I'm so ready to put on another stripe. Not to mention, I want to start making vacation plans! Each day we're gone, a tropical vacation with Flo sounds nicer and nicer. I'll update on that next week.
This past week has been focused a lot on training. As such, I've spent an ungodly amount of time on the bridge training new people and allowing the other qualified OODs a chance to train new people in their other jobs. My collateral duty relief arrives next week, and I'm looking forward to pawning off some of my responsibilities. Less stress and more sleep. I can't complain about that.
1 comment:
Great to read from you again Brian! Be safe out there.
Post a Comment