Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Brian and I have officially found our new date night restaurant.

The Artisan Wine Lounge was recommended by my co-worker Jessica in her Night Writer column yesterday, so we decided to stop in for a last-minute Valentine's Day dinner. The coolest part about this cafe is not simply that they serve our favorite tapas (sobrasada y miel is #1 in our book), but that they have an enomatic wine machine.

This sleek little gift from the wine gods dispenses perfect pours at their appropriate temperatures. We tried over 10 different California artisan wines for under $20, taking one ounce sips of each type. Despite having been on a dry white wine kick for the past 3 months, I completely enjoyed trying their syrahs and notably, their top notch Napa cabernet sauvignons. If I were to recommend just one bottle from their selection, it would definitely be their 2002 Punk Dog cab - rich, pleasant and smooth.

I paired my chicken aioli croissant meal with their Crimson Seduction signature drink of the night - a blend of sparkling and blush wine with raspberry gelato. Brian had sangria served with tiny bits of pear swirling around in the glass, paired with his ratatouille meal.

Overall, an incredible meal for a completely impromptu Valentine's Day evening :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun place! I thought about going here last night after I read that column, but we ended up at another place she mentioned...the tiki bar! haha :)
Happy Late Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Replica Hermes accoutrements are added reliable than the affected hermes
. Luxurynavi is a actual acceptable online boutique to accept handbag hermes
. In adjustment to advice you determine, whether the banker is affairs affected handbags hermes
.
Many humans anticipate Coach Outlet
are too big-ticket to buy. Pink Coach Hamptons
is conceivably one of the beautiful accessories of adapted a part of adolescent women. It is difficult to access bargain Coach Gallery
. But do you apperceive why Coach Legacyare so expensive?