Friday, January 04, 2008

A simple January (re)solution



December was rough on my body. Adjusting to living alone combined with traditionally fried, processed, and unhealthy holiday meals has left me in an energy slump. I'm starting yoga and pilates next week, so I'll need to be at my healthiest to keep up with the work out. I've used the rain and cold as an excuse to not exercise all winter, but now I have classes to attend.

The bigger common denominator in my current "winter blues" slump, of course, is drinking. December felt like a never-ending weekend, from work parties to Disneyland to Cloud 9 to family gatherings. It seemed like there was constantly a new glass of wine to try or another beer to share or another shot to down. My body has officially hit its limit.

Therefore, I am officially declaring January a "dry month." I'm flying down to visit Brian in San Diego in a couple weeks, and we're looking forward to sleeping in every morning more than trying to get out and party it up. It will be such a breath of fresh (SoCal) air.

Cheers to a New Year filled with pilates, yoga and sobriety :D

2 comments:

Peter A. Stinson said...

Sleeping?

(said with tongue firmly in cheek)

Flo said...

Haha YES sleeping. And don't forget we'll be in your neighborhood next MONTH so hopefully you'll be around to do lunch!