Fortunately, I started my no-drinking kick almost two weeks ago so I don't have that to drag me down too. Right now my biggest vice is the Costco-sized box of Special K bars I bought to serve as a "snack," but have instead replaced all my meals. I literally eat them through my entire 8-hour work shift - I can easily go through one an hour. They're delicious but are basically cardboard with frosting on top - they serve no nutritional purpose and do nothing for my stamina and health.
The thing that's keeping me motivated through the muscle pain and work stress and stormy weather is the fact that I get to see Brian next week! I won't go into detail about what he's doing there, but I'm meeting him in San Diego and flying in with my friend Besty, whose husband is Brian's shipmate. These are our boys in Guatemela at a cigar bar:

As if that weren't enough to look forward to, Brian and I also have several trips planned for the spring while he's home. In February we're flying out to Hampton Roads, VA to visit his family. While we're there we're hoping to take a trip up to Washington, D.C. to see my dad's grave in Arlington National Cemetery and have dinner with the gorgeous Mrs. Christina Anderson and her husband Brad, who is also a Coast Guard officer. I 'm really looking forward to seeing my dad again, since I haven't brought him flowers since November 2006.
In March we're celebrating our 2 year anniversary, so we're tentatively researching a trip to Hawaii. We'd love stay at the Bellows resort, which is only available to military personnel but is incredibly hard to get into. Cross your fingers and pray that we can work that out, because I'd also have the opportunity to meet Brian's grandma and family who live in Hawaii. In April, we're planning on a cruise with our friend Curtis and his girlfriend Kat, which will sail to Mexico and depart from Los Angeles. Brian will then deploy for his final patrol on USCGC Sherman, and finally in July we will move to his next assignment - wherever that may be.
Some personal goals for the next few months: continue my fitness classes into the next sessions, take a GRE prep course with Brian (and then the test itself afterward,) ballroom dancing classes, hike Yosemite's Half Dome, and try to jog the Bay to Breakers (7.46 miles). If I can't jog it then dammit, at least I'll walk it. :P It's certainly enough to keep me on my toes and give me enough to look forward to before our "big move."
2 comments:
For Hawaii, check out afvclub.org. This service is offered to military members. You have to set up an acct, but they do not sell you name and addy, so go through the process to be assigned a member number.
The site's listings suck and are not in a easy, searchable format. Instead, call and tell them the dates and locales, and they will give you which property listings that have open. For one week, you can stay for lessthan $400. When visiting Kona for a wedding in May, a bunch of us Coasties rented an "MTV beach house" (that's what it looked like) across the street from the beach for a week. The total, per head, came to $80 for five people. $80 for a week in Hawaii, I am there.
Kisses, the Gorgeous Mrs. Christina Anderson
Thanks darlin! I'm forwarding that to Brian since I'm assuming I can't set up an account for myself. Brian's uncle works for the Bellows resort and we're hoping that he'll have a hook-up for us. If not, we'll try to swing a cheaper alternative. I'm not dead-set on Hawaii, but it would certainly be wonderful.
By the way - my time off request is in! February 16-25, and we can eat and talk and be merry to our heart's content. I hope Brad will have a free day so he can join us! :)
Post a Comment