Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Don't let the cynics fool you...

...it is entirely possible to fall in love with the same person more than once.



I spent most of my weekend half-delirious from the endorphin high of feeling complete again, and it seemed like every time I looked at him, I fell in love all over again. That's the weird thing about these patrols, you have to brace yourself just as much for the reunions as you do for the goodbyes.

He surprised me by showing up at San Diego International airport with a dozen roses and his big goofy smile. I'd been on the phone with my friend Betsy trying to find her in my terminal, and by the time I realized what was going on he had caught me up in a big hug while everyone smiled. My wonderful little sister was in on it all along :)



We spent most of our time curled up in "The Lodge" catching up on Season 3 of Lost while plotting our restaurant trips throughout the weekend. We like to joke that "Eating IS our hobby," so exploring the Gaslamp District was an adventure in itself. We ate at Dick's Last Resort, an Australian restaurant called Bondi, Rock Bottom Brewery, Itto Sushi, and a beautiful little seafood restaurant in Coronado. We also had enough time to hit up the San Diego Zoo and spend some time learning the metro system.







The best experiences were the small ones. Rediscovering the freckle on his lip when I kissed him, driving around with the feel of his fingers laced through mine, laughing at all the ridiculous quirks about his personality that drew me to him in the first place. There's a saying that goes, "A successful relationship requires falling in love many times, always with the same person," and I now genuinely understand what that means.

7 comments:

C Anderson said...

Happiness is...

I could barely enjoy the scenic pictures behind your glowing faces.

Can't wait to meet you in Feb!

The Little Wife said...

*sigh*

I have a fondness for the absence that makes hearts grow fonder upon meeting again. Ok, maybe not the absence really, but the reunion is truly sweet.

Josh & Karale said...

aww flo! beautiful pics, im so glad you two had such a great time together.

Anonymous said...

Big time "awww..."



P.S. When are you and I going to have a romantic weekend? Hahaha. =)

Unknown said...

Aww... My heart just turned to mush. I'm so happy for you Flo, way to go :)

Mary said...

Awwww...you guys are so cute. Glad your time together was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Before creating the ED clothing
brand, ED Hardy Shoes
includes in about all of his works affectation the artistic genius. hardy shirt
abounding the San Francisco Art Institute. The acumen why hardy shirt
is alleged "the Godfather of the Modern Tattoo" is because of his adeptness to use art histories of Japanese.


The Tiffany
has a shade which is a gorgeous confection of stained glass that has been meticulously soldered together, and you will find that your Tiffany rings
can bring a great deal of life, you should consider what you can do with a Tiffany earrings
light fixture, there is a great deal of the delicate metalwork that is so indicative of the silver rings
designs.