I was so proud of myself the other day when I discovered Wellies, until I found out I was not the first one to notice them. It happened again today. Earlier this week I discovered what I thought was a fairly recent YouTube trend and today I realized it was in the NEWSPAPER I work for.
Let me repeat that - in our newspaper. The phenomenon was important enough to reach the eyes of my co-worker Tony, then it had to go through an editor, then we managed to crank out a video of students demonstrating the dance. So basically, I'm 2 weeks late to the party. :P
You may have figured it out already, but my "delayed reaction" moment of the day was to Soulja Boy's "Crank That." I'd heard the song a million times but could not for the life of me figure out WHY it was #1 on the iTunes download roster and #1 on the Billboard singles chart. Today I came to find out that it wasn't the music driving the force, it was the catchy dance.
- Here are the Texas Longhorns performing their pre-game Crank That ritual.
- Here is the ballet version. Check out the little boy giggin' in the front right corner.
- Here is the official instructional video for those of you worried about learning it.
- Here is the painfully hilarious White Boy version.
Tony is calling it this decade's Macarena, but I'm skeptical because it seems so complicated. I guess the important parts to learn are the Superman and the criss-cross, but even then I'd hate to be stuck in a club line dancing to this damn song without knowing every step. Better start studying!

2 comments:
The student-run news show at our school did a montage of athletes and teachers doing the dance. I was asked to do it and I agreed without knowing what I had agreed to. Hilarity ensued.
Ha ha! I just saw this on Ellen. Yes, I'm sitting on my coach, eating bon bons and watching t.v. Quite the mother, I am. ;)
Post a Comment